We have conducted a wide variety of research studies over the years. Listed below are some of the most common subject areas for projects, followed by some typical objectives clients may have for each type.
Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- How satisfied are our customers with our products or services?
- Which of our regions or branches are performing best?
- What do we need to do to improve customer satisfaction?
- How does our performance compare to our competitors?
Product Development Studies
- What opportunities exist in my product category for product innovations or enhancements?
- How do customers feel about our new product concept?
- What are the most important factors we must include to ensure success for our product?
Public Opinion and Political Surveys
- What are the most important issues on the minds of citizens today?
- How does the public feel about important issues in our community?
- What is the voting public’s impression of my candidate?
Advertising and Communications Research
- What is the level of name awareness for my company or product?
- What percentage of the target market has seen our advertising?
- What are the most effective ways to communicate with our target market?
Market Segmentation Studies
- What are the appropriate variables to use in segmenting our market?
- How can we develop products or services that appeal strongly to the primary needs of our targeted segments?
Research for Non-Profit Organizations
- What are the demographic and attitudinal characteristics of our donors?
- What motivates a person to donate money or time to our organization?
- What services can we provide to encourage greater participation and support for our organization?
Image and Attitude Studies
- What do customers feel are our primary strengths and weaknesses?
- How do non-customers feel about us, and why have they chosen not to purchase from us?
- What is our position in the marketplace relative to competition, and what do we need to do to shift our position?
Market Share Research
- What is our market share?
- Who are our competitors, and what are their market shares?
Employee Attitude Research
- What are the most important factors in job satisfaction for our employees?
- How do our employees feel about our organization?
- What should our supervisors be doing to become more effective managers?
Customer Defection Studies
- Why do customers leave us?
- When our customers leave us, where do they go?
Merger and Acquisition Research
- What are the marketplace strengths and weaknesses of our acquisition candidate?
- If we merge with a targeted company, how will customers of the target firm react?
Brand and Product Name Research
- What are the best known brand names in our category?
- What attributes are associated with our brand names?
- Which name should we choose for our product or company?